My sweetest dream, my velvet rose,
You called yourself my fantasy—
But baby, you're the dying light
That makes my broken world feel almost like home to me. Your lips so soft, like summer rain gone cold,
Kiss me slow before the season fades—
They wrap around my heart like smoke,
And for a moment, nothing hurts... but it always does, anyway. I thought forever was some golden Hollywood plan,
Palm trees swaying, hand in hand under endless blue—
But your gentle touch just reminds me how it ends,
This love too deep, too doomed to ever feel brand new. Your caress is warm, so kind, so cruelly true,
It sends sweet shivers laced with quiet tears through me—
I can't imagine mornings without you,
But I know one day I'll have to learn to breathe. So take my hand, my love, my fading light,
We'll walk beneath the stars that know we're lying—
No rush, no noise, just you and me tonight,
Lying close in the dark where everything's dying. In every breath, in every shadowed glance,
You're my peace... and my beautiful ruin found—
Let me hold you like the tide holds the sand it can't keep,
Forever yours, even as the waves pull us down. You're not just wanted—you're my everything, my sin,
My dark paradise I never want to wake from...
Let me love you simply, deeply, tragically true,
Because with you, my heart is finally home...
And already breaking.
No comments:
Post a Comment