The foundational aspect of the Christian experience is gaining a true understanding of ourselves as sinners. This realization is inherent for believers, as we often struggle with feelings of inadequacy and strive to balance our perceived shortcomings. It begs the question of whether our lack of confidence stems from neglecting to acknowledge our sinful nature or failing to see ourselves in the light of God's grace. The burden of negativity lies in our constant pursuit of self-improvement to meet a standard of righteousness. Internally, we navigate a tumultuous journey of self-reflection and growth, while externally, our actions should serve as authentic reflections of our inner convictions. I reject the notion of salvation through personal efforts, as it only sets us up for repeated failures and increased temptations. Instead, I choose to surrender my sins to God, trusting in His timing and power to transform me according to His will.
This is why we can find solace in Christ even as we falter. We understand that as long as we inhabit these mortal bodies, we will be plagued by a resistance that impedes our progress. Can I offer encouragement to all those who are struggling, that this frustration of never attaining complete wholeness is actually a productive frustration? Within me resides no inherent goodness.For the things I desire to do, I do not do but the very things I wish to avoid, those I do. Oh, wretched individual that I am, who will deliver me from this bodily decay? That foreign mindset! Thanks be to God. This is the appropriate response. this is the change of mindset! It entails cultivating a heart full of gratitude stemming from a profound awareness of my own unworthiness,that is true repentance! You see, it is living within the realm of divine grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment