I do not see grace as merely a stance we adopt that sets us apart from trusting ourselves, but I do believe that trusting in oneself is ultimately impossible. We should be cautious about following any path that forces us to sacrifice our lives for others’ well-being. In other words, I don't think Calvinism supports the idea that our lives are split into sacred and secular parts. Instead, we are called to worship God everywhere we go and in everything we do. However, I don't think this issue arises because Calvinism needs balance; rather, I see that Calvinism itself is often cold and uninviting. That's why Calvinism is the only doctrine that fully integrates the teachings of the Old and New Testaments without dividing them. It doesn't distort the Old Testament to provoke conflict with the New Testament. Instead, Calvinism begins with God, not just ends with Him. If we accept that God is the ultimate cause of everything that exists, then our lives should revolve around Him, acknowledging that we are not the source of all creation. The primary players in this ongoing cosmic battle between good and evil are God and Satan. Because of this perspective, anyone who studies the intricate details of Calvinism understands that there will always be relationships and circumstances in this world that cannot be fully reconciled here on earth. By embracing the true understanding of God's sovereignty, we often find ourselves standing alone—each of us carrying unresolved areas in our lives. These become our crosses to bear. When we look back and see those crosses, we can mourn them, but when we look forward, we can rejoice because of the victory that awaits us. If you simply accept that God is sovereign, you might overlook or distort the truth that we are being led into a life of conquest and spiritual victory. So, I believe that Calvinism can be harmonized with liberal views, but it can also resemble salvation by works if misunderstood. This is a significant risk associated with Calvinism—its tendency to be misinterpreted or misapplied.
No comments:
Post a Comment