Friday, February 2, 2024

 The ongoing assertion that we are saints rather than sinners raises two fundamental questions regarding the nature of saints. Firstly, why am I considered a saint? What is it that sustains my status as a saint? I have been designated as a saint not based on any inherent qualities within myself, but solely due to the divine grace bestowed upon me. In truth, I am inherently flawed and morally corrupt. My sainthood is attributed to an external righteousness, achieved through the sacrificial work of Christ on the cross, which has been imputed to me rather than gradually infused. Thus, I possess the complete imputed righteousness of Christ, which defines my identity as a saint. Secondly, it is crucial to acknowledge that I can only maintain my sainthood by remaining in Christ. This is not a result of my own efforts or abilities. As stated in the words of Jesus, "Without me you can do nothing." Therefore, my sainthood is solely sustained by the boundless mercy of God. In my natural state, I am a sinner and persistently inclined to disobey. I consistently commit willful transgressions by neglecting my duty to wholeheartedly love God with every fiber of my being. How many among us can truthfully claim to have accomplished this? Or even avoid engaging in the very acts we are commanded to abstain from?

No comments:

Post a Comment